Did you know that there is an extension for Revit which allows you to view your project in a 3D Panorama in full 360° VR mode on your phone?
That extension is called Enscape and using Enscape we can pick a point in our project to create a 360° 3D render which we can upload to the cloud to be accessed by any device with an internet connection and a QR code reader.
As for the VR headset? I picked up a decent VR headset for my phone for under £10 but you can also use this with Google Cardboard which is even less.
How to create your 3D 360° render?
Firstly, you will want to make sure you have Enscape downloaded and installed, if you don’t have access to Enscape you can get in touch with us here https://www.manandmachine.co.uk/contact-us
Once installed, here is what you need to do:
1. Open your project in Revit
2. Click the start button on the Enscape tab, this will launch Enscape and convert your project into a stunning live 3D render
3. Navigate to the spot in which you want to create your 360° 3D render
4. Head back to the Enscape tab in Revit and under “Take Panorama” select Stereo
5. Make a cuppa while Enscape creates your 360° 3D render, but don’t take too long this is a quick process
6. Congratulations you now have a 360° 3D render of your project, but we’re not done yet…
Now we have the 360° 3D render you will want to upload it to the cloud so we can access it on our mobile devices. Here is how to upload your 360° 3D render:
1. Go back to the Enscape tab in Revit and click “My panoramas”
2. Find the Render you have just created and select it
3. Once selected click the upload button next to the preview, it looks like this:
4. Once uploaded the upload button will change to a view panorama button, like this:
5. Move your mouse cursor over this icon and you will get you unique QR code.
Congratulations, using this QR code you can now view your 360° 3D render for any mobile device with a QR reader and an internet connection.
For more information on this blog post or if you have any other questions/requirements, please complete the below form: