Lately, a series of Windows updates have knocked out Inventor’s threading tool, disabling the use of threading, some holes and tables. Here’s a quick guide for fixing the threading tool.
Solution 1: Fixing the Registry
1. Close all Autodesk products.
2. Click the start menu, type in “Regedit” and hit enter.
3. In the registry tree, locate the following:
Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion XX.0\System\Preference\Part\UseExcelToReadthreadFile.
RegistryVersion 19.0 = Inventor 2015
RegistryVersion 18.0 = Inventor 2014
RegistryVersion 17.0 = Inventor 2013
RegistryVersion 16.0 = Inventor 2012
RegistryVersion 15.0 = Inventor 2011
4. Set the value to 1.
Solution 2: Uninstalling the offending Windows Updates
1. Click the start menu, type in “Regedit” and hit enter.
2. Under Programs, select ‘Uninstall a Program’.
3. On the left hand side, locate and click ‘View installed update’.
4. From the list, select the following Windows update:
KB4041676 (Windows 10)
KB4041681 (Windows 7)
5. Right-click it and select ‘Uninstall’.
6. Restart your machine.
And that’s it! Your thread tool in Inventor should be working again. If this hasn’t worked for you or you would like any more information on this blog post, please complete the below form: