During your Autodesk Installation you recieve Error 1712. This can happen to any Autodesk application however the workflow for fixing this is the same.
What is Error 1712?
Error 1712 occours during your Autodesk installation, the full message is as follows:
“Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.”
This error generally has two causes:
1. You have a corrupt installation of Microsoft Visuall C++
2. You have previously had Autodesk software installed and there is residual corrupt files still on the machine.
How to Fix Error 1712
There are a few steps to work through to resolve this error.
1. Download a fresh Autodesk installer again either from your Autodesk account or from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.
2. Uninstall all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ and re-run the Autodesk installer.
3. Perform a clean uninstall of all Autodesk software from the machine, Instructions can be found here:
This is a rare error however it can be confusing as to what exactly the issue is and the steps involved to resolve it.
Following the above steps will resolve this in the majority of cases however should the issue persist, please get in touch with Man and Machine by calling 01844 263700 or emailing email@example.com.