I’m sure most of us remember a few years ago that Autodesk removed the student watermark from the educational products,
Well now they have brought it back for AutoCAD 2019. Below are some frequently asked questions.
1. What is changing for AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD 2019 vertical products obtained through the Autodesk Education Community?
Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019 and Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019-vertical products licensed by students, educators and mentors or competitors in an Autodesk sponsored design competition through the Autodesk® Education Community will produce an education watermark. This change does not apply to multi-user or network software deployed by educational institutions.
2. What AutoCAD 2019 products contain the watermark? Autodesk® AutoCAD® Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D Autodesk® AutoCAD® Electrical Autodesk® AutoCAD® for Mac Autodesk® AutoCAD LT® Autodesk® AutoCAD® LT for Mac Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical Autodesk® AutoCAD® MEP Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D
3. Why has a watermark been reintroduced to AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD 2019- vertical products?
The education watermark will support the legitimate use of Autodesk® free education licenses and help ensure students and educators continue to access the same full-product functionality as industry professionals worldwide.
4. When will the watermark be displayed?
When plotting, or doing a plot preview of a drawing that was created using AutoCAD 2019 and/or AutoCAD 2019 vertical products licensed by students and educators through the Autodesk Education Community, a subtle education watermark will be displayed. A watermark is not displayed on drawings created using multi-user or network educational institution licenses.
5. What does the watermark look like? When plotting or doing a plot preview of a drawing created using AutoCAD 2019 or an AutoCAD 2019 vertical product licensed by students or educators through the Autodesk Education Community, users will see this watermark:
6.What in-product notification informs users of the watermark?
When using a version of AutoCAD 2019 that displays an education watermark to open a drawing that was created using a commercial license of AutoCAD, the following task dialog is displayed:
When using a commercial license of AutoCAD to open a drawing that was created using a version AutoCAD 2019 that displays the education watermark, the following task dialog is displayed:
7. Does the education watermark display when another Autodesk software product is used to open a drawing?
The AutoCAD 2019 products listed will produce the watermark, and it will persist in other products that consume AutoCAD drawings containing the watermark.
8. Will I see a warning dialog box when opening a drawing created using a version of AutoCAD 2019 and/or AutoCAD 2019 vertical product that displays the watermark in another Autodesk software product?
No. The warning dialog box only appears in AutoCAD based products.
9. If a commercial license is used to copy, paste, insert, or reference operations from drawings created using a version of AutoCAD 2019 and/or AutoCAD 2019 vertical products that display the watermark, does the education watermark follow the parent drawing and display on other drawings in the commercial organization?
No. This “spread” behaviour does not occur with AutoCAD 2019 and/or AutoCAD 2019 vertical products.
For more information on this blog post or if you have any other questions/requirements, please complete the below form: